Assisted Living Facility in Evanston, IL
The Freedom of Assisted Living.
Assisted Living and Independent Living are not mutually exclusive. In fact, at The Highlands assisted living in Evanston, IL, you get the right amount of personalized support with activities of daily living so that you can maintain your independence — and keep growing as a person. Because the right help at the right time frees you to live at your very best.
At our on-site Assisted Living community in Evanston, near Chicago, we offer personalized levels of care so your specific needs can be met by our highly trained, caring staff. You’ll have 24-hour assistance with activities of daily living, such as dressing, grooming and bathing. And you’ll be part of the vibrant life of the community, taking classes, going on outings, using the pool and fitness center, and making some wonderful new friends.
“We get to choose how we’re going to live — what level of energy, what level of vibrancy, what level of excitement.”
Brendon Burchard, author
Here you’ll find:
- Private studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments you can personalize
- A calendar full of programs centered around the dimensions of wellness
- A multidisciplinary team approach for comprehensive, truly personalized care
- Priority access to a complete continuum of high-quality on-site health care if it’s ever needed
- Ability to move in directly from home, hospital, or rehab without an upfront entrance fee
- Table-service dining, with three delicious meals daily
- Licensed nurses available 24 hours a day
- Safety and wellness checks
- Geriatric-certified medical director on staff
- Social worker
- Chaplain and pastoral care
- Programs and events both here and outside the community
- Scheduled transportation to entertainment venues, shopping and restaurants
- Formal gardens, walking paths and outdoor seating
- Learn more about what’s included with our Assisted Living Brochure.
Assisted Living Brochure
How do I know when someone needs Assisted Living?
When help is needed with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, meals, transportation and housekeeping, an assisted living residence can be the answer. Trained professionals provide this support while helping preserve an individual’s independence.
Can I bring my own furniture and decor?
Making your apartment feel like home is important. Residents bring their favorite things and furniture to make the space their own.
Do you have to be a resident of Independent Living first before you can take advantage of Assisted Living, Nursing Care, or other services?
No. In fact, last year more than 700 “non-residents” recuperated from surgery or benefitted from Rebab in our Health Care Center. Our Rehabilitative Services include physical and occupational therapy and speech/language pathology.
What is the difference between Independent Living, Assisted Living and Nursing Care?
Independent Living is designed for those who can live safely without any assistance or supervision. The services provided are primarily for convenience and lifestyle benefits.
Assisted Living is designed for individuals who need regular support but do not need a nurse on a daily basis. Assistance can be provided with activities such as meals, laundry, bathing, dressing and medication reminders.
Nursing Care provides the necessary care for those who need a nurse or certified nursing assistant on a daily basis. Individuals might have chronic conditions that require a skilled caregiver in our Nursing Care center.
What if I am independent but my spouse needs to be in Assisted Living or Nursing Care? Can we still move in? Where would we live?
A number of couples living at Presbyterian Homes do not share the same good health. On an individual basis, we can create a program that may include one spouse in Assisted Living or Nursing Care, and the other in a nearby independent apartment.
What else would you like to know about The Highlands Assisted Living Community in Evanston? Use the form on this page to contact us and let us know how we can help.