Assisted Living Facility near Chicago
Assistance tailored to your needs.
At The Highlands assisted living in Lake Forest, IL, you receive the right amount of personalized support with activities of daily living to maintain your independence.
At our on-site assisted living community near Chicago, we offer five personalized levels of care, so your specific needs can be met by our highly trained, caring staff. You’ll have 24-hour assistance with activities of daily living, such as dressing, grooming and bathing. And you’ll be part of the community, taking classes, going on outings, using the pool and fitness center, and making new friends, all of which is vital to a well-lived life.
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”
— Helen Keller
Here, you’ll find:
- Spacious one-bedroom and studio apartments you can personalize.
- A calendar full of programs centered around the dimensions of wellness, such as fitness classes, outings, educational classes, movie nights, devotions, Bible studies and worship services.
- A multidisciplinary team approach for comprehensive, truly personalized care.
- Priority access to a complete continuum of high-quality on-site health care, if it’s ever needed.
- Ability to move in directly from home, hospital, or rehab without an upfront entrance fee.
- Table service dining, with three delicious meals per day
- Nurses available 24 hours a day
- Safety and wellness checks throughout the day
- Full-time geriatric-certified medical director
- Social worker
- Chaplain and pastoral care
- Programs and events outside the community
- Scheduled transportation to entertainment venues, shopping and restaurants
- Formal gardens, walking paths and outdoor seating
- To view our full list of included services, check out our Assisted Living guide.
Assisted Living Guide
The Highlands One Bedroom
The Highlands Studio
How do I know when someone needs Assisted Living?
When help with activities of daily living — such as taking medicines, bathing, dressing, meals, transportation and housekeeping — is needed, an Assisted Living residence can be the answer. Trained professionals provide this support while helping preserve an individual’s independence.
Can I bring my own furniture and decor?
Making your apartment feel like your home is important. Residents bring their favorite things and furniture to make the space their own.
Do you have to be a resident of Independent Living first before you can take advantage of Assisted Living, Nursing Care, or other services?
No. In fact, last year more than 700 “non-residents” recuperated from surgery or benefitted from Rebab in our Health Care Center. Our rehabilitative services include physical and occupational therapy and speech/language pathology.
What is the difference between Independent Living, Assisted Living and Nursing Care?
Independent Living is designed for those who can live safely without any assistance or supervision. The services provided are primarily for convenience and lifestyle benefits.
Assisted Living is designed for individuals who need regular support but do not need a nurse on a daily basis. Assistance can be provided with activities such as meals, laundry, bathing, dressing and medication reminders.
Nursing Care provides the necessary care for those who need a nurse or certified nursing assistant on a daily basis. Individuals might have chronic conditions that require a skilled caregiver in our nursing care center.
What if I am independent but my spouse needs to be in Assisted Living or Nursing Care? Can we still move in? Where would we live?
A number of couples living at Presbyterian Homes do not share the same good health. On an individual basis, we can create a program that may include one spouse in Assisted Living or Nursing Care, and the other in a nearby independent apartment.
What else would you like to know about our Assisted Living community in Lake Forest, IL? Use the form on this page to contact us.