Assisted Living Near Chicago in Arlington Heights, IL
Assisted Living is so much more than care.
It’s a way to get help with the Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)—and to put more activity into daily life. At The Highlands Assisted Living in Arlington Heights, you’ll find it keeps you in control, affirms your love of life, and supports your goals while letting you live as independently as possible.
Our on-site Assisted Living community in Arlington Heights, north of Chicago, offers five personalized levels of senior care and 24-hour assistance with ADLs. And that support makes it possible to experience all The Moorings has to offer.
“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
At The Moorings you’ll find:
- A calendar full of programs centered around dimensions of wellness. Movie marathons, wine and cheese socials, fitness classes, outings, educational classes, devotions, Bible studies and worship services—these are just a few of the choices our Assisted Living community has available for creating a life you’ll love.
- A multidisciplinary team approach for comprehensive, truly personalized care.
- Priority access to a complete continuum of high-quality on-site medical care, including Memory Care, Skilled Nursing, and Rehabilitation—if it’s ever needed.
- The ability to move in directly from home, hospital, or Rehabilitation without an upfront entrance fee.
Services and amenities include:
- Table service dining and a variety of dining rooms, with three delicious meals per day
- Neighborhood activity rooms
- A library with game tables and computers
- An outdoor terrace overlooking a lake with swans and ducks
- Raised flower and vegetable gardens
- Programs and events outside the community
- Our Resident Fellowship Hall with chapel, fitness center, salon, and wellness clinic
- Scheduled transportation to entertainment venues, shopping and restaurants
- Housekeeping and maintenance
- Expanded basic cable, phone service and all utilities included
- Nurses available 24 hours a day
- Safety and wellness checks throughout the day
- Geriatric-certified medical director and social worker on staff
- Chaplain and pastoral care
To learn more about what services and amenities are included at The Moorings, download our Assisted Living brochure.
Assisted Living Floor Plans
Explore our spacious apartment homes. Each floor plan features a kitchenette with wood cabinets; built-in microwave, refrigerator and pantry; a large walk-in closet; a living room with bay windows and beautiful views; and a bathroom with a walk-in shower, grab bars and infrared lighting.
How do I know when someone needs Assisted Living?
When older adults need help with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), it’s a good sign that moving to a senior living community that provides Assisted Living can be the answer. Trained staff members provide this support while helping preserve an individual’s independence.
What are Activities of Daily Living?
Activities of Daily Living, also known as ADLs, are tasks that are essential to a senior’s everyday life. These can include activities like managing and taking medications, bathing, dressing, preparing meals and eating, transportation, and housekeeping and maintenance.
Can I bring my own furniture and decor?
Making your Assisted Living apartment home feel like home is important to us, too. Residents bring their favorite things and furniture to make the space their own.
Do you have to be a resident of Independent Living first before you can take advantage of Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, or other services?
No. In fact, last year more than 700 “non-residents” recuperated from surgery or benefitted from Rehabilitation in our Health Care Center. Our Rehabilitative services include physical and occupational therapy and speech/language pathology.
What is the difference between Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Nursing Care?
Independent Living is designed for those who can live safely without any assistance or supervision. The services provided are primarily for convenience and lifestyle benefits. Assisted Living is designed for individuals who need regular support but do not need a nurse on a daily basis. Assistance can be provided with activities such as meals, laundry, bathing, dressing and medication reminders.
Nursing Care provides the necessary care for those who need a nurse or certified nursing assistant on a daily basis. Individuals might have chronic conditions that require a skilled caregiver in our Nursing Care center.
What if I am independent, but my spouse needs to be in Assisted Living or Nursing Care? Can we still move in? Where would we live?
A number of couples living at Presbyterian Homes do not share the same good health. On an individual basis, we can create a program that may include one spouse in Assisted Living or Nursing Care and the other in a nearby Independent Living apartment home.