What are the Benefits of Independent Living Communities?
What does your ideal retirement look like? Do you imagine yourself relaxing and taking advantage of the free time with activities and hobbies you love to do? Everyone craves something different in their golden years, and the great part about an independent living community like Westminster Place is that we satisfy every individual’s needs via bountiful services and amenities and a well-rounded lifestyle.
You may be a more active older adult looking forward to leaving homeownership responsibilities behind to focus on pursuing experiences that are fulfilling and arouse joy. Or, you may be planning ahead, anticipating changes in your health that will warrant the need for additional care.
In either case, moving to an independent living community can help you achieve your goals. It’s important to find a senior living community that satisfies your zest for life and, ultimately, leaves you and your loved ones feeling reassured you’re living safely.
Residents and their families find every aspect of easy living at our Life Plan Community in Evanston, Illinois. Learn everything you need to know about independent living communities and the benefits that come with them, and see how our community will make you feel right at home, below.
What is an independent living community?
Independent living communities are designed for active older adults who want to spend their retirement years without worry and the hassles of home ownership. Independent living residents don’t need regular medical care or assistance with activities of daily living.
At Westminster Place, our independent living community offers a lifestyle filled with engaging social activities, wellness programs, and the opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals who share the same passions.
Independent living at our community is about living on your own terms. There’s something for everyone to enjoy. Some of our most popular independent living amenities included in our monthly fee are:
- Group fitness classes at our state-of-the-art Kimble Fitness and Therapeutic Center
- Flexible dining options
- Holistic programs centered around seven dimensions of wellness
- Regularly scheduled transportation services
- 24-hour safety and security staff
- Access to an on-site, full-service pharmacy
- Access to on-site care services at Hanson Wellness Clinic
- Year-round greenhouse
- Library and reading room
- Arts and crafts studio
- Woodworking shop
- Elliott Chapel with interdenominational services
It’s important to note that some independent living communities qualify as Life Plan Communities and come with tremendous advantages over other options. Westminster Place is one of these. Understand the benefits that come with our specific lifestyle, below.
What are the benefits of moving to an independent living community?
Now that you have an idea of many of the life-enriching amenities that come with an independent living lifestyle at a Life Plan Community like Westminster Place, it will be easier to envision moving here and leaving your everyday worries behind. However, the benefits don’t stop at amenities. We also provide:
- Maintenance-free living, with all indoor, outdoor, and seasonal home maintenance provided
- Paid utilities
- A variety of senior housing floor plans customized to your tastes and needs, including one- and two-bedroom apartment homes, and two-bedroom patio homes
- Access to on-site care services if health needs should change, including assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing, rehabilitation, and respite care
To summarize, the overall general benefits of independent living communities are:
- A substantial decrease in household responsibilities
- Concierge-style amenities and services made for your convenience
- Access to on-site levels of care
- A worry-free lifestyle that promotes wellness, comfort, and countless opportunities to make new friends and try something new
There are many reasons why seniors choose to move to an independent living community. Before you make the transition, follow these recommendations for what to look for in an independent living community to make sure it will be a good fit for you.
Find independent living in Evanston, IL and retire in style.
Live life your way at Presbyterian Homes Westminster Place. With services and amenities that make each day worry-free and endless opportunities to fulfill your dream retirement, discover independent living that exceeds expectations.