Memory Care at Foster Pavilion at Westminster Place
Families and caregivers sometimes find it difficult to decide when it’s the right time to transition to memory care. In order to make the best choice, it’s important you have a comprehensive understanding of the support offered at the memory care community you are considering.
“There are a lot of variables to consider when looking into options for your loved one,” says Kathy Kennedy, Director of Admissions. “At our memory care facility, your family member will have opportunities to grow, develop, and participate in activities while receiving exceptional, professional care.”
Continue reading to learn more about person-centered memory care. the supportive and memory care community at Westminster Place.
5 Signs Your Loved One Needs Memory Care
Before we expand on the unique care model found at Foster Pavilion at Westminster Place, let’s review some common signs your loved one may need memory care:
- Safety: Is the person living with dementia in a safe environment? What type of supervision is needed?
- Health: Does the health and wellness of the person with dementia required personalized care? Do they need help with daily medications?
- Care: Does the person with dementia require more care than they are receiving right now? Can you physically manage providing the necessary care?
- Social Engagement: Is the person able to engage in meaningful activities during the day? Are they able to spend time with others living with this disease? This can be very beneficial.
- Dementia is a progressive disease that leads to continued cognitive decline over time. There are significant benefits of early intervention at a memory care program like ours.. Here, your loved one will receive innovative treatment and thrive in our dynamic community.
Personalized Memory Care Program
Our therapies serve medically complex patients whose cognitive impairments can be attributed to dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Our team works together to provide individualized care that maximizes functional performance and improves quality of life.
Our approach utilizes evidence-based clinical strategies that identify a patient’s unique strengths, abilities, and connections. These determinants guide their care and are integrated into the therapies they receive. Plans are implemented to allow them to stay involved in purposeful activity and lessen the risk of excessive disability.
Some programs your loved one may experience at Foster Pavilion are:
- Never 2 Late (iN2L) adapts activities to each resident’s abilities, increases cognitive stimulation, and encourages family involvement.
- MUSIC AND MEMORY allows us to create custom playlists for each resident, including music connected to joyful memories.
- Songs by Heart is a memory care music therapy that allows residents to collaborate with professional singers.
Specialized Services and Amenities
Foster Pavilion at Westminster Place offers memory care services and lifestyle amenities, which include:
- 24-hour nursing and security staff
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Emergency call systems
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Medication administration
- Transportation services
- Laundry services
A Comforting Home Environment
The Foster Pavilion at Westminster Place is a supportive memory care community with private rooms. Each includes a private bathroom, individual thermostat and closet space to store personal belongings. Our open kitchen and dining room offer residents a calm environment, offering choice and the opportunity for social interaction. All meals and snacks are provided.
Along with interior amenities, residents can also enjoy our secure campus, featuring walking paths, fountains and gardens.
A Full Calendar of Adapted Activities
It’s essential that residents receiving dementia care are given opportunities we all want: experiences that inject purpose and joy into our lives. The activities we facilitate are focused on this goal, thus improving patient quality of life and family peace of mind.
Residents can engage in outdoor excursions, exercise classes, social events, and spiritual reflection.
A Beautiful Memory Care Community at Westminster Place
Foster Pavilion memory care facility is committed to best practices to support those with dementia and their families. Westminster Place is a Life Plan Community in Evanston, Illinois, that offers independent living and several levels of care for older adults who need short-term or long-term care. Call to schedule a personal tour of our beautiful memory care facility.